Import an Avatar
- Import an Alembic or FBX avatar with animation(e.g., Mixamo, Daz, User own created) into Marvelous Designer.
Create a garment for the avatar in Marvelous Designer
- Create fabric items that fit on the imported avatar.
- Create quad meshes with the Topology tool if needed.
- When using 'Remeshing,' some unwanted triangle meshes might be created. If you want all the surfaces to be quad meshes, please use the 'Patch Topology' or 'Create Topology' instead.
- It is recommended to set the simulation quality as 'Animation(Stable)' for a more stable simulation while recording your animation.
Save / Export
- Select the file format you would like to export from 'File -> Export' menu
- FBX or Alembic format is recommended if the file you create includes the animation.
- Import an Avatar
- Ver.12 - Animation Improvements: https://marvelousdesigner.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12153605905049
- Ver. 11 - Animation Improvements: https://marvelousdesigner.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407120017049
- To find more, please search 'Animation' in our Help Center web.